Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Cavity, The Biggest Loser, and a Stomach Bug

Our week started with a "stay at home day" on Monday because of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. The boys and I enjoyed hanging out at home. We also met Matt for lunch. On the way home we stopped at Sam's Club to pick up some pictures and ended up buying cupcakes...they are our favorites (and I was trying to weigh as much as I could before the Biggest Loser competition started at school). Here are some photos and videos of the boys enjoying their cupcakes.

Zaner enjoying a cupcake

Zane said he was "Papa Farmer" with a mustache!



Mason enjoying a cupcake

He makes such a mess with cupcakes!

A couple of weeks ago Zane and Matt went for their dental cleanings and check-ups. We found out Zane has a "tooth bug" (cavity). Tuesday Matt took him to get it filled. Matt said he did really well - he sat still, listened, and did what they said! He wasn't scared at all! Afterwards, you could tell his lip was numb because the left side didn't move when he talked! He also kept biting his lip without realizing it and had a fat lip by the time the night was over. It is still healing but looking much better. I brought Sammy home with us that night while his mom was at a meeting. He and Zane played okay together, but Zane wasn't himself...whatever the dentist gave him made him very moody...we had lots of meltdowns! He had to go to time-out once for pushing Mason down, and while there he fell asleep on the step! Poor guy!

The boys at Jo's...Lauren's helmet on Zane

Mason and Braeden's "hiding place" at Jo's

My school is starting the "Biggest Loser" and I am on a team. I needed some sort of motivation to lose more weight! We weighed in Tuesday and then again on Friday. I am happy to report I lost 4 pounds! Let's hope that I keep losing, even if it's only a pound a week!

This weekend we didn't have many plans, but our plans were made for us when Mason ended up getting sick Friday evening. We were in the van, on our way to have supper, when Mason threw up! I just feel so bad when the kids are sick, and especially when they are so little! You can't explain it to them and they are so confused! We turned right around and came home, cleaned him up, and put him to bed. That was at 7:00. I went in to check on him at 9:00 and he had gotten sick again in his bed, so we took another bath and went back to bed. He only got sick one more time, just a little bit, while he was sleeping. Saturday he ate a good breakfast and lunch, slept for 4 3/4 hours, and seemed to be feeling better. Today you can tell he feels MUCH better! I am glad it was a quick but and hope that noone else gets it! We did hear from Mary that her oldest daughter, Madelyn, was sick all Friday night into Saturday morning. I hope it doesn't go through all of the daycare kids!

Zane wanted McDonald's this weekend, and when he opened his Happy Meal, there was a CD. He said, "Oh, look, I got a CD!" It was a Kidz Bop CD and he wanted to listen to it. I don't know why, but his favorite to dance to is "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." Just watch those dancing skills...wonder who he gets them from???

Skills!?!


Mason can go down the steps now...finally!


Zane dancing and Mason going "okay..."

Zane-isms
  • When you see Zane the next time, ask him what his dad's phone number is. He knows it! We only had to work on it a few times and he has it down! He loves to push the numbers on the phone to call Daddy. Now we'll have to work on Mom's and the home phone!
  • All weekend Zane has been asking me, "Mom, why do we live on a planet?" Today he said "Why do we live in a house?" I told him because we can't live outside and he said, "Why can't we live in the rain?" Oh those wheels are always turning!

Mason's Marvels

  • Mason has been able to go up the steps for a long time, but seems very scared to go down them. He just stands at the top of the steps and grunts for us to come get him! He has gotten a little more brave lately and tries to step down onto them. But he just won't take that step! We've been trying to teach him how to go down on his bottom or belly. Finally he will go down them, feet first, on his belly. You do have to turn him around at the top, but then he goes down pretty quickly.
  • Jo has a candy jar at her house and at the end of each day, you get candy if you have had a good day. Mason has already caught on to this. The other day when I picked him up, he pointed to the candy jar and made the "c" sound. Seriously, they catch on so quickly!

1 comment:

P_31Girl said...

We're doing Biggest Loser at church....it's tough work!