Sunday, December 6, 2009

Matt's New (Third) Job

So we have been without a computer for over a month and it seriously felt like we were missing part of us. You don't realize how much you rely on technology until it's taken away from you! Matt has been tirelessly working on trying to figure out how to get the computer working again and every time we thought he had it all figured out, it'd crash again! It has been quite the challenge! Today we bought a new laptop and are loving it! Today Matt also figured out the one last thing that he had to do to get our desktop working...so we are now back to full working order! YIPPEE! If you wondered what Matt's new job was...I'm calling him my IT man! I would have thrown the thing away and just bought a new one a long time ago!!!

After returning home from the long Thanksgiving weekend, we put up our outside Christmas lights and decorations. Zane is SO ready for it to snow, and especially for it to be Christmas! Santa delivered a special present to us this week. Sunday evening we received The Elf on the Shelf. It is a little elf that comes with a book telling all about him. He is an elf sent by Santa. His job is to be sure everyone is being good and stays off the "naughty list." The book says that you should name him (we named him Buzz) and that every night he goes to Santa to report on what happened that day. Each morning, Buzz is in a new place in the house.


When Zane realized that Buzz was going to report the good AND the bad to Santa, he wanted to put him back in the box and didn't want to keep him! But, alas, we still have Buzz and he has found some interesting places to hang out! It is so cute to see Zane every morning...the first thing he does is get up and search for Buzz! One morning he didn't see Buzz right away, so he told Jo that "Buzz disappeared!"

Zane preparing to "fight" with Matt


This was a pretty uneventful week for us, so I do not have pictures to share. I'll try to do better this week! This weekend we were home and it was nice to have some time to get things done around the house. Friday night we went to the Ottis house, had pizza, and played cards. Can I just say...the girls won! Saturday we did some shopping, house things, and it was the semi-finals for my dear Bearcats. I got ALL 3 of my boys decked out in Bearcat shirts for the day, so I was happy! Saturday night I did quite a bit of my holiday baking while watching the game on TV. It was an awesome game and a well-deserved win! My family, minus me, is all going to the championship game. If they play like they did Saturday, they'll be bringing home a win! If you are a true Bearcat, you will say this along with me: B -E-A-R-C-A-T-S! I'll be watching/cheering/screaming from home!


Have a great week!

Zane-isms

  • When doing laundry lately, I've been noticing some "stuffing," like from a pillow, in Zane's pockets. I asked him what it was and he said, "It's decorations from my pillow at school!" You should see his pillow...he pulls the stuffing out of it during rest time and it's almost flat! But I have learned, you don't mess with his decorations!

No comments: