Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!

Last weekend Mason's eyes started getting mattery, and Sunday morning he woke up with bright red eyes! I had a feeling he had pink eye, so we kept him home. Matt stayed with him and took him to the doctor on Monday. He not only had double pink eye, but also a double ear infection! Without the pink eye, I would have NEVER known he had ear infections! He's such a happy little guy! I ended up staying home Tuesday so he could be on his medicine for 24 hours before returning to daycare. It was a fun day with him!
Mason with double pink eye

When I got home from work Monday, I found Zane helping Matt mow! He was in 7th heaven! Every single time we mow, he wants to help, so he pushes one of our mowers around and pretends. Matt decided to let him try it and he was actually really into it! The yard didn't get mowed in even lines, but it got done! We're getting him trained early!

Zane mowing!

Lauren (Jo's youngest daughter) had her birthday this week and got a go-cart for her present. That was something Zane completely latched on to! Hmmm...I think he has go-carting in his future...but we need to get him a BLUE helmet!

Zane on Lauren's go-cart

Thursday night Matt's parents came down to get the boys. They took them back to Iowa to stay with them for the weekend while Matt and I attended the Nascar race at Kansas Speedway. We have gone every year since it started and Craig and Keeta have taken the boy/boys every year since we've had kids! Zane was really looking forward to going...he kept saying all week, "2 Jo's house, 2 preschool, then Papa's house!" He loves spending time on the farm!


Mason wishing he could go outside!

Zane "creating"

Decorating Grandma/Papa's for Halloween

We had a great time at the Speedway! We both took Friday off so we could have an extended weekend. That was nice and much needed! I don't think I woke up before 9:30 all weekend! I took sugar cookies to the track and you should have seen how fast they disappeared...all but about 6 of them and then it became a game to hide the cookies and find them before someone else did! We had a lot of fun with this "cookie mystery" and even had some knock-down drag outs! Let's just say that I think I have to bring cookies every year now!

The gang at Kansas
Me, Nicole, Jamie
Matt & I (doesn't he look young in a hat)?

Dean got these special passes that got 4 people onto pit road during driver introductions on Sunday. Matt went with them and got a few good pictures. We used to have pit/garage passes in years past, but they have really gotten strict on those, so we haven't been able to do that in a few years. That was fun, I miss it!
Jeff Gordon, Clint Bowyer
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Mark Martin (who I had in the bet...he didn't win)!
Pit Road
The start of the race

We got home fairly early last night and the boys were eating supper. Mason looked at us like we weren't real...he was glad to see us. Zane, on the other hand, was not. He was okay until Grandma and Papa went to leave, then he began to SOB! He kept saying "Can I be their boy?" "I want to be Grandma's boy." He said he wanted to get something out of their car, then he locked the door and buckled into his car seat. As they pulled out of the driveway, he was sobbing and screaming, "I want to hug my Grandma!" (There was a large space between every word). Then it was "I want to kiss my Grandma!" (Again, sobbing and spacing between words). So we let him call Grandma on the phone and he was a little better. She told him she was going to write him a letter and send it in the mail. I think he thinks she's going to bring it here and put it in our mailbox! If you can't tell, he loves his grandparents!

No comments: