Monday, July 20, 2009

Our Ozarks Vacation and CRAWLING!

Saturday the 11th was our 2nd annual Shane Sweeney memorial golf tournament. It was a beautiful day! I was on one of the holes collecting money and had a great time seeing everyone and catching up a little bit! Then we went to the races and Chris WON!!! It was awesome...and then his motor got claimed AGAIN! Let's just say it's been a long year with motors for the Hogan crew! Our plan was to head to Kansas City Saturday after the races to unpack/repack for vacation so we'd be loaded and ready to go by noon, but that didn't work out so well. So we had to get up early Sunday, head to KC, and take our dirty laundry with us. Everyone met at our house around noon, we had dinner, then headed south! We were ready for a break!

Our baby is growing up too fast! He is now officially crawling! He started crawling last Sunday, the day we left for vacation! I was glad to know that we'd have plenty of adults around for a week to help watch him! He's so thrilled that he can get where he wants to go, but I don't think he's going to be content with crawling for long. Over vacation he also started pulling himself up to something and trying to get over to something else (from one chair to another). Here's a video of Mason crawling...and uncle Brent in the background trying to get him not to...

Monday the weather was awesome, a little cool and sunny. Grandma brought Zane a fishing pole. He was content to just put it in the water all week and even to "fish" off of the balcony from our cabin. There were times they were fishing for squirrels during the week...crazy kids!

Catching anything Zane?
Mason checking out the water
Zane & Mason


The Baker boys

Tuesday was my birthday and I was so glad to be able to spend it at a lake with family! It was rainy that day, so we decided it'd be a good day to go to Dogpatch and check out all the stores. Zane had a great time at the arcade and I spent my time at the candy shop! After that, some of us went and had pizza while others went shopping for a wake board. Later that night we had hash (my choice), cupcakes, and homemade ice cream. YUMMY! It was a great day!


At Dogpatch

Our little fish!


On Wednesday we rented wave runners in the morning, then decided to go parasailing. Matt and I went first. I was nervous and didn't know what to expect, but LOVED it! It was so peaceful up there and I enjoyed just looking down at the lake. I'd go again!
All of us who parasailed

Our resort was the same one that Matt, Zane and I went to last year. This year we just rented a bigger cabin that could hold all of us. It was perfect! There was space enough for everyone and it was great. There is also two playgrounds, and indoor pool, and an outdoor pool. Zane preferred the indoor pool. It had a "bridge" that he could jump off of. I also think he liked staying out of the sun, he doesn't like it in his eyes! He has really become comfortable in the water this year. Early this summer he would never have jumped into the water, even to one of us. Now he loves doing it! He was even trying new things, like turning around, cannonballs, etc. I'm anxious to see how he does next summer in the water!

Mason loves the water!
Zane "diving"

It's tradition for us to go go-carting while at the Ozarks, so we headed to do that Thursday night. I don't have pictures of us carting yet, those are on Marcy's camera, so I'll post them to Flickr later. But there was a little track for kids and Zane was just barely tall enough to do them. He was so excited! The first time he went he was the only one. One time around the track he stopped, looked up at us with a huge smile, and gave us all a thumbs-up. It was priceless! The second time there was another little boy also. Zane was behind him, so in order to be first, he slowed way down for the boy to catch up. Then the boy tried to pass him and Zane cut him off. Matt thinks he's ready for real go-carting!


Think he's having fun?


Friday was the day we (Matt, Zane, Mason & I) were leaving. That morning Matt rented another wave runner. He took Zane out first, then I went out with him. It was a cool day, so when you were on it you felt very cold. The water was super warm though, so we ended up taking the boat out and hanging out in the lake for awhile before we headed out. We came back in, packed up, and headed back to Kansas City. I was sure Zane would cry when we left, but he didn't! We got home around 9:30, unpacked, did laundry, repacked, and slept!

Zane & Matt enjoying the lake
On the boat
Two of my favorite boys!
Everyone enjoying the lake

Saturday we headed back to Iowa. The races didn't go so well for us. BUT we will come back next week and show them! Sunday we celebrated my and my dad's birthdays with a great dinner at mom's house. Aaron and Michele were back also, so everyone was there. Then we went to Matt's parents to wait for them. They boys are staying at their house this week. They wanted to keep them this summer and I am really busy with school meetings this week, so it worked out nicely. It was very quiet on the way back to KC and it's very quiet at our house...I sure do miss them but know they are in great hands and loving every minute of their time with Grandma and Grandpa!

No comments: