Sunday, May 17, 2009

Adam's Graduation Weekend

This past week's weather was up and down and all over the place! On Wednesday Jo told the kids to bring their rain gear so they could play out in the rain. Naturally, that was one of the nicer days and it didn't rain! They ended up having to make their own rain, but they had a ton of fun!

Sam, Zane, Madelyn, Makenna, Ryan ready for rainy fun!
The kiddos searching for puddles...
They didn't find any, so they made their own rain!

This weekend we headed to Iowa for Adam's graduation. His party was Saturday night. It was nice to see so many friends and family! I was supposed to help serve, which I did a little bit of, but I spent more time talking...imagine! After his party all of us cousins on Mom's side headed to the races. We made it just in time for the features! My cousins had never been to the races before and they had a lot of fun!

Mason & Jessica
Zane, Adam, Mason, Lisa
Brian & Mason
Brian, Amy, Lisa, Jess, Michele, Heidi at the races

Sunday morning we spent some time with the family before graduation. It was a nice ceremony, and even nicer because Papa/Grandma Farmer kept the boys for us so we could just watch and enjoy! I can't believe my little Adam has graduated! To think...Matt and I used to take him places in high school and people thought he was our kid!

Adam receiving his diploma
Amy, Adam, Aaron

After graduation we went to Mom and Dad's house for a couple of hours to greet more friends. The boys came over also and everyone enjoyed seeing them as well.
Zane the Quarterback!
How do you really feel about the prunes?

When we were getting ready to head back to KC, we heard the ice cream truck outside! Zane got SO excited for it! He got some money from Papa and stood at the end of the driveway waiting! It was hilarious!
Zane waiting for ice cream


Let's see...what do I want?
Worth the wait! Papa and Zane with their treats.

Zane barely lasted to the edge of town before falling asleep, and went straight to bed when we got home! He has to be exhausted because he played hard all weekend long! We all have some sleep to catch up on! Have a great week! I can't believe this is my last full week of school...where does the time go???
Make sure you take time to click on Jo's Daycare on the right...she has posted an end-of-year video that you will enjoy!

No comments: