Mason's first day un-swaddled
Friday all the kids at Jo's house wore green in honor of St. Patrick's Day this week and also in honor of Jo since it's her favorite color! They all looked so cute! They had fun making cupcakes during the day! Zane had a great day...there wasn't school becuase it was a teacher work day so Erika and Lauren were home and played with him. He came home with glue in his hair because they had made hats! They love to play school with the daycare kids!
Zane eating donuts at Jo's
.jpg)
This weekend we decided to go to Iowa. We stayed at my parents' house. We decided to go ahead and try Mason without a swaddle Friday night and were very pleasantly surprised because once he fell asleep, we didn't hear a PEEP out of him until morning! In fact, we had to wake him up! I could not believe it and wondered if it would have gone that well had we taken it away sooner! Here he is Friday night...looks like he's thinking "aah...I'm free!"
Mason's first night un-swaddled
Friday night we were awoken by Zane crying...and then he got sick! I think he had a little bug of some sort. He got sick one more time Saturday morning. Saturday he was okay all day, but you could tell he didn't feel completely well. Sunday he played and acted completely normal. Then this morning at about 5:00 we heard him crying and went in to find him getting sick again...48 hours after the last time! It seems like this is what happens to Zane when he gets sick...he's okay for a day or two then gets sick again. It's so unpredictable! Lucky for us it's spring break, so we are home. He seems to be fine today!
Mason "talking" himself to sleep!
Most of the weekend Matt spent working on the racecar. He was hoping to get lots done so we could hang out here the next few weekends and maybe not go home until Easter. I think he got a lot done, but not as much as he'd hoped. Saturday night we stayed at Mom and Dad's. We ordered pizza and played a fun game. Sunday we went to Matt's grandparents for dinner. Zane spent a lot of the day outside on the four-wheeler.The World According to Zane
- If Zane really likes something lately, he tells us it's "super coo!" (super cool)
- I told Zane it was time for bed the other night and he said, "I don't like that big idea!" (If he does like something, he said "I like that big idea.")
- Sometimes Zane has trouble saying some letter blends, like "tr" and calls monster trucks "monster cucks." So to help him say it correct, we "stretch" the word out to him. He found this game online that had monster trucks and when he told me about it he said, "Mom, I found a monster tur-uck game!" (He was doing what we said)!
- Matt and Zane were at Lowe's the other night. Zane looked at Matt and said, "Dad, my brain can say Spongebob! It's not "fongebob," it's Spongebob, see!"
- The girl who cuts Zane's hair has been gone on maternity leave lately, so we've gone to a different stylist. She is now back and called us to see if we wanted to switch our upcoming appointment to her schedule. I told Zane that Lauren had called and wanted to know if she could cut his hair and his response was, "Yes she can!"
- This morning Zane was laying in our bed with Mason and I told him I needed to go start laundry. He told me he would stay with Mason and I asked him if he could get Mason's boppy pillow for me. He laid down on the bed and said, "I can't." I asked why not and he said, "Cause I'm sick." (Play it for all it's worth buddy!)
- I was watching "A Baby Story" on tv and when one of the babies was born I told Zane, "Look, a baby." He said to me, "I want a new boy. One that doesn't look like Mason." I prodded him a little more, and figured out that he was saying he wants another baby...a boy. Um...he's going to have to wait awhile for that wish to come true!






No comments:
Post a Comment