It's been another fun and busy week at the Baker household! It's hard to believe that Mason has been with us for 3 weeks already, and that my maternity leave is already half over! I'm starting to get sad, but trying not to think about it! Here are a couple of random photos from our week:
Daddy and Mason...both asleep!
On Thursday we had family pictures taken. When Matt picked Zane up from preschool, his teacher said that he only slept for 10 minutes! That is SO unlike Zane...he would sleep 3-4 hours if you would let him! So we knew we were in for an interesting photo session...and we were! He was all over the place, not listening well, and even threw himself on the floor crying. Luckily we ended up with a few good shots...enough for Christmas cards anyway! Here they are:
The Baker 4




Friday was the Christmas party at Jo's house. She is taking care of an extra baby for the next week and had a full house that day, so Mason and I offered to help her out during the party. With Mason in tow, there were 10 kids at her house! It was very well planned out and went smoothly. The kids made a craft, decorated cookies, played 2 games, and exchanged gifts with one another. After the party, we had McDonald's for lunch, then I headed out. We had fun...and Mason slept through the whole party! Here are some pictures and a video from the party:Zane decorating cookies
We've gotten a lot done on our basement this week! It is now all painted, the trim is stained and ready to put up, and we have the electrician and tile people coming this week...we're almost there! Our carpet will be here either Saturday or early next week and our couch should also be in soon. It's hard to believe that we will have a whole new space in our home to hang out in...I'm really looking forward to it! We'll take/post pictures soon!
Saturday evening, Jason, Mary, Madelyn, and Nora brought us supper! They were the first to introduce me to hamburger and cream cheese pizza from Minsky's (I know, it sounds gross, I thought so too, but once I tried it I LOVED it!). Then I got gestational diabetes and couldn't eat it, so after Mason was born, Jason told Mary that he wanted to bring me a hamburger and cream cheese pizza...so last night was the night! It was fun to hang out with them, get the kids together, and play cards (we were nice hosts and LET them win...). I wish we could get together like that more often!
Today Matt's parents came down to visit the boys (oh yeah, and us too). We went out to lunch and just hung out at home. They were surprised at how much Mason has grown, so we decided to weigh him and he was 10 pounds, 10 ounces! Not surprising considering he's been wanting to eat every 2 hours! We've been having trouble getting him down to sleep in the evenings...he wants to be held, rocked, moved, etc...so we're working on it!
Our Flickr site has more photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakerbunch/
Zane Funnies
*Before Thanksgiving, Zane was learning about Native Americans at Preschool. One day, they made feather hats from paper. Zane came home with one for all of us. The week after Mason was born, I went to pick him up at preschool. He was going all around the room saying "My brother's hat..." I told him Mason didn't wear a hat that day, but another little girl knew what he was talking about and brought him his hat. He had made another little hat with a tiny feather for Mason. What a thoughtful big brother! Here's Mason wearing his hat:
*The other night, we were laying in our bed watching tv and Zane leaned up on our headboard and began pointing to the picture hanging on the wall above the bed. He said "Mom, you be Eli" (a boy from his class). Then he began saying "December. Eli, what this say?" I had to tell him "December" and then he began counting. I was laughing because I knew he was playing "school" and doing "calendar." He's really into pretend play right now!
*We asked Zane where he wanted to eat supper when we were out and about one evening. He said "Donald's. Uh, I told you at home already!" Mr. Patient???
*After his bath one night, we were getting his pj's on. He was cold and goose bumps on his legs. He started walking weird and saying "bawk bawk. I like a chicken. I cold. Look at mine legs." He was getting confused with "goosebumps" and "chicken bumps."
*I was explaining to Zane that we would get ready for bed in 10 minutes. I asked him if he heard what I said and he said "I got it."
*Today Zane was helping himself to a glass of milk in the kitchen. He was taking awhile and we heard him wiping something up. Matt went up to see what was happening and he looked at Matt and said "I need a little bit help here."






No comments:
Post a Comment