Monday, July 21, 2008

A Weekend of Camping

This week, as every summer week, went fast! Monday was my birthday, so Zane and I just spent a relaxing day together. We didn't make too many plans, but did manage to go shopping for a little bit and out to lunch (McDonald's...Zane's choice). Matt came home after work with 2 red roses (one from Zane and one from Bobby), cards, and cupcakes. Zane couldn't wait to get his hands on those cupcakes! For supper, we went to Pizza Shoppe (my choice) and then Matt told me we could do whatever we wanted since it was my day. So, I wanted to shop! We went to Babies R Us and Target. While at Babies R Us, Zane thought it would be fun to try out some of the baby gear, so here he is in a jumparoo!

I have been itching to have sweet corn, so when I saw it at Hy-Vee the other day, I got some! Zane absolutely loves it also. He ate two ears! Here he is chomping away!

On Wednesday we went to the T-Bones game with Aaron and Michele. They also had some other people from work there with them, so we met them as well. Zane is really much more interested in the food and playing on the playground, but we kind of are too! He had his popcorn and cotton candy and was in heaven. We lasted about 5 innings before we headed to the playground. We had a good time and had great seats, right behind home plate! In this picture, he is trying to "hide" from "Sizzle," the T-Bones mascot. He did NOT want Sizzle to get too close!


Matt has been working on building Zane's swingset and has the tower part done. We asked the Ottis family (Jason, Mary and Madelyn) to come over and help Matt move it to the backyard. So they came over and we grilled out. Madelyn and Zane act just like brother and sister...it is too cute! Mary is expecting also and we have named her baby "Bert" so we will have a "Bert" and a "Bobby!" Here are Madelyn and Zane waiting ever so patiently for supper to arrive!
On Friday we headed to Iowa to camp with Matt's parents for the weekend. They and some family friends were at Lake Icaria. We got there late, around 9:30, but they were up and around the fire. We stayed up a little while talking, then headed off to bed. Zane was very excited to sleep in the bed "up high" (the top bunk bed). Matt slept with him the first night, and I'm not sure Matt got much sleep! Saturday we just hung out all day, went on the boat, and spent some great time together. Steve and Teresa have a puppy named Chip and Zane loved him! He liked taking Chip on "walks." I am not sure if Zane walked Chip or if Chip walked Zane! (How do you like the boots with the pj's...nice, huh).

Matt golfed Sunday morning, then came out to the lake for some boating/tubing/swimming. It was a HOT weekend and I am learning that I am not a good pregnant person when I am hot! I stayed in the camper with the air conditioning quite a bit this weekend!

We left Zane in Iowa last night and will get him again on Tuesday. I have my school's annual golf tournament to help with today, so we thought it would be easier for Zane to stay there. I am also going to try to get a little bit of work done in my classroom.

In Zane's Words

Out of nowhere, Zane looked at us and said "Bobby does this..." and put his first finger up. I said "No, Bobby didn't do that." He then said "This?" and put his middle finger up. I said "Oh no, not that either." He was referring to Bobby giving "thumbs up" in his ultrasound picture...so we had to take his hand and show him how to do thumbs up!

When eating a treat the other night, Zane said "Mmmm, licious!"

The other day Zane was really wanting to be carried by me. And lately when I carry him, it has been hurting my stomach, so I have been telling him that it hurts Bobby when I carry him too much. He was getting frustrated that I wouldn't pick him up, so he put his hand out, acted as though he snatched Bobby out of my stomach, put Bobby in his stomach, and said "There...Bobby gone from your stomach now." What a problem solver!

We were in Target and going by their dollar bins. I pointed out to Zane that they had some Kung Fu Panda stuff in there. He said "Oh, Kung Pu Panda...my paborite!"

No comments: